Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yee Haw! Cowboys!

While browsing the Internet for some craft ideas, I came across this great recycled bottle craft to make a cactus.






I like using recycled items for crafts and thought we could do a smaller version with a water bottle. I thought it would eb a great craft to tie in with a cowboy program! I was also a little concerned about the kids painting the outisde of the bottle. So instead, we dropped paint inside the bottle and let the kids shake and roll the bottle around to paint the inside of the bottle.  I also used an Ellison cut to make the cowboy hats for the cactus. Overall, the children really did have a great time making this cactus.




We also read some stories about cowboys and cowgirls! Before we did our craft, each child got to take a chance at trying to lasso one of our meeting room chairs. This was not an easy activity to do, and if you'd like to try lasso-ing with the kids at your library, I would recommend it be an outdoor activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment