Sunday, April 10, 2011

Argghhh!

We have these two treasure chests at the library. I have no idea why we have them but I figured we should make use of them- what better way than to do a pirate program!

The two treasure chests had these toy gold coins in them. So I figured that while I was reading some stories, my teen volunteers could hide the coins and then all of our little pirates could go on a treasure hunt and bring all of the gold back to the treasure chests.



The children also made pirate hats, and I made them a sword out of a balloon! Prior to the program, I also purchased some eye patches and temporary tattoos from Oriental Trading for the kids to really look like pirates! And of course...I dressed up like a pirate too, but I think I looked more like a biker or a gypsy:-)



1 comment:

  1. I think you look quite pirate-ish, actually! :) What a great idea! Will have to try this at my end sometime. -kapila

    ReplyDelete